These cleats are so well designed we use them for a wide range of applications on many Catalinas.
Many cleat designs require you to drag the line through the cleat to open the cams. Once the line is cleated it is difficult to remove under load.
These cleats work better than most because:
• The cams are suspended on ball bearings for minimal friction
• Low friction allows use of very lightweight springs so it's easy for the line to open the cams
• A PTFE coating and curved top surface allows the line to slip into and open the cams with just a gentile downward pull
• Cleat and un-cleat a line from the other side of the cockpit with a flick of the wrist
• Safe working load: 300 pounds
• Suitable for control lines and to secure a halyard or sheet downstream of a winch
• Overall width: 2-1/2"
• Fore and Aft: 1-1/4"
• Hole spacing, center to center: 1-1/2"
• Acceptable line diameter: 1/8" to 1/2"