Replacement sheaves used in your original equipment deck organizers. These organizers (originally equipped with a slightly smaller diameter white plastic sheave) were used on the Catalina 22, Catalina 25, Catalina 27, Catalina 270, Catalina 28, and Catalina 30. An organizer with a larger frame size (and 2" diameter sheave) was used on the Catalina 34 and Catalina 36. Our sheaves replace the original sheaves on any of these organizers. Sold as a pair
You have probably noticed how your white plastic sheaves deteriorate in the sun. Our improved replacements sheaves are hard anodized aluminum with ball bearings for low friction under load. They are direct replacements for use in stainless steel frames which are bolted to the deck with two mounting bolts. They will not self destruct in the sun.
Suitable for use in:
• All deck organizers with a stainless steel frame which has mounting bolts through the axis of the sheave used on boats from the Catalina 22 through the Catalina 36
• Double, triple, and stacked quad organizers
When used on blocks below, order two washers per sheave (see related product below) to accommodate the extra thickness of the ball bearing sheaves:
• Stacked double organizers (two sheaves stacked on the same axis) used on the Capri 22
• Single sheave turning blocks used outboard on 1995 and later (third generation) Catalina 22 halyards
• Single sheave turning blocks used outboard on Catalina 250 wing keel model halyards
• Diameter: 2"
• Thickness: .566"
• Maximum line diameter: 7/16"
• Maximum recommended line diameter: 3/8"
• For fastener size: 1/4"
Although these sheaves are larger than the minimum requirements for a Catalina 22 and Catalina 25, we decided to make the sheaves for all boats the same size. They fit fine in the smaller frames, and due to the economies of scale achieved by making all of the sheaves the same we are able to provide a better product for everyone at a reasonable price. Making a smaller sheave for the Catalina 22 and Catalina 25 would have actually been more expensive due to the smaller quantities produced of each size.