Aluminum fuel tank for the Catalina 36.
This tank is a replacement for tanks originally installed on the Catalina 36 through hull #744 built in 1988. It is installed forward of the galley, under the aft dinette seat, on the port side of the saloon. The fuel gauge sender is included. Many of the early fuel tanks were only 0.090" thick, while our standard thickness is 0.125".
• Two USCG approved inspection ports are included with the price of the tank.
• Wall Thickness: 0.125" aluminumSee the PDF of the tank drawing below under "Technical Support" for critical dimensions. It is important you measure carefully to ensure this tank will fit your boat properly before ordering!
The sending unit (included) has a range of 240-33 Ohms.
1) Due to its close proximity to the bilge, the original installation of this tank was prone to failure due to corrosion at the bottom of the tank. In order to increase the life of your replacement tank, we recommend you place several narrow strips of Loncoin or Pirelli flooring on top of the plywood platform. The coin pattern of the flooring and the spaces between the strips of flooring promote air circulation and reduce corrosion.
2) This item does not conform to the shipping table in the Shopping Cart. Additional shipping must be calculated. When you place your order we always call with a shipping quote before billing your card. For a quote in advance, just call 800/959-7245..
3) An additional packaging charge also applies to this item.
4) A fuel tank is not deck hardware that is polished to present a beautiful shine to guests onboard. Tanks are fabricated on a metal bench by a guy wearing a welding visor that he can't see out of. Welding spatter that ends up between the tank and his bench will scratch the tank as it is moved about while welding. Every tank has scratches and imperfections that, due to its nature and the fact that it is hidden in a locker when installed, are not polished out before shipping. Cosmetic scratches, dings and abrasions are not considered defects.