Have your cushions seen better days? Does your body ache just thinking about another night aboard your boat? Replace your cushions with new foam and modern fabric for a more comfortable nights sleep and an updated look.
Aft berth mattress with foam for the Catalina 36 MkII with either the dinette or traditional interior. Made from the original patterns used to make the cushions when the boat left the factory.
Inventory of the 2 cushions included in this set:
• Berth cushion fwd
• Berth cushion aft
The bolster and seat are accessory cushiosn that are priced separately.
Please call and we can discuss the cushions as well as get you sample fabric swatches.
Foam density is important factor to consider. Legacy Catalina's interior cushions were fabricated with with 1.4 lbs/cu. ft foam. We choose 2.0 lbs/cu. ft. for longer life and yet maintains a measure of comfort. Any less and the cushion will loose bounce back too quickly, any more and the cushions become uncomfortable.
1) The very early Catalina 36 was equipped with aft berth cushions that were 5" thick. Later, a change was made to 4" thick foam and to the shape of the cushions. Each version has their own unique patterns for cushion fabrication. The thickness of the foam is the only way for the cushion shop to identify which pattern is used to fabricate your new cushions. You do not have a choice of cushion thickness. If your old cushions were 5" your new cushions will also be 5". If your original cushions were 4" the new ones will also be 4". There is no pattern available for for 5" thick cushions for a later boat factory equipped with 4" cushions.
2) This item does not conform to the shipping table in the Shopping Cart. Additional shipping must be calculated. When you place your order we always call with a shipping quote before billing your card. For a quote in advance, just call 800/959-7245.
3) An additional packaging charges also apply to this item.
4) A 50% nonrefundable deposit will be billed when your order for this special order item is accepted. The balance will be billed when the product ships.
5) The number of cushions will vary depending on your boats year and hull number, please be prepared to provide this information.
6) This is a custom made part. You provide the information we need to build this product for you. Once you order it we are going to build it just for you, just as you asked. We never want to see it again, and no one else wants it either. So be careful and order it correctly the first time because it can't be canceled, returned, or magically changed into something different!