The photo at left is an example only of a one-off boom vang bracket. It mounts on the mast for a rigid or line vang. Order this custom made part to replace a damaged or broken mast bracket.
These parts were produced in a myriad of shapes and sizes depending upon the particular boat, year, vang, and mast section it is used on. Because there are so many possibilities, very few are sold in quantities large enough to make a batch and keep them on the shelf. They must be made for you individually, one-at-a-time.
This does not mean we can fabricate anything that has ever been seen on a Catalina. If a previous owner installed an aftermarket rigid vang on eBay that was made in Brazil for example (yes, we have seen it!), our fabricator may not have the proper equipment to duplicate it.
Please provide the following information in the "Additional Comments" field, in "Shipping Options", during checkout, when you place your order online:
• Boat model
• Type of mast i.e. In-mast furling or non-furling rig
• A close-up photo of bracket installed on the mast
• A wider view photo of the entire vang installation that includes both ends of the vang installed. Not a photo of the entire boat. We need more detail than a beautiful photo of your boat will provide.
• The part itself to be matched (yes, even if it is damaged)
1) A 50% nonrefundable deposit will be billed when your order for this special order item is accepted. The balance will be billed when the product ships.
2) This part does not include any aluminum castings that may have been part of the original installation. This part number is for the welded stainless steel components only.
3) Since all of these type of parts were made by one guy at a welding bench, we will need your old part to match the design, shape, and mounting holes. No exceptions.
4) This is a custom made part. You provide the information we need to build this product for you. Once you order it we are going to build it just for you, just as you asked. We never want to see it again, and no one else wants it either. So be careful and order it correctly the first time because it can't be canceled, returned, or magically changed into something different!