The redesigned stem fitting fits the Catalina 320, Catalina 34, and Catalina 36. Multiple improvements have been incorporated into this design.
• Doubler at the top of the forestay tang has eliminated the transition where some have failed.
• Thick full length, 3/8" stainless forestay tang takes the load to the hull without weak points.
• The vestigial anchor rollers have been eliminated making room for a proper anchor roller. See "May we also suggest" below.
• Gussets on either side of the deck plate have been eliminated. These supported the anchor rollers but were never part of the support for the forestay. They were however a location where cracks would begin.
• This new stem fitting is a much cleaner and stronger design.
1) Due to variations from boat to boat, these stem fittings must be made for you individually. In order to ensure the holes and the bends in the vertical strap match those in your hull with +/- 3/16" tolerance, we must have your old stem fitting to use as a template or contact us and we can provide a drawing for you to confirm. If a drawing is used to build the stem fitting, there is an additional charge due to the difficulty of making a custom part to the dimensions you require. The deck fastener holes must be filled and re-drilled to match the new stem fitting, but the 1-1/2" wide plate will cover any unsightly filled holes.
2) A 50% nonrefundable deposit will be billed when your order for this item is accepted. The balance will be billed when the product ships.
3) When you order a special order item it sets off a chain of events like Willie Wonka in the chocolate factory. Once you turn the valve the chocolate is coming down the pipe. If you then decide you want caramel, the chocolate is still going to come out of the pipe. We can't put the Chocolate back in the pipe, so someone is going to have to eat it, and it's not going to be us! Your order can't be canceled, returned, or magically changed into caramel, so please order carefully the first time!