Replacement lens for the original Lewmar aluminum framed opening portlights. Used on Lewmar's 7-1/2" x 14-7/16" port. The lens in these portlights has no frame surrounding the lens itself. The ports secure closed with two dogs which rotate open and closed like turning a key in a lock.
This part number is for a replacement lens that is supplied by Lewmar and is made in the UK. As such, the color of these opening port lenses closely matches (except for the aging of your old lens) the color of the original Lewmar opening ports. However, if you look closely at your boat, you may see that your opening ports don't match the color of your fixed ports. If you would like a closer color match to the color of your fixed ports, choose the lens upgrade pictured below under "May we also suggest"
• (2 ea) on the Capri 26, Catalina 270, Catalina 27 (one customer with a 1988 Catalina 27 reports his boat used two size 0), Catalina 28, Catalina 37 and Catalina 42
• (4 ea) on the Catalina 30 and Catalina 38
• (7 ea) on the Catalina 320
• (8 ea) on the Catalina 34
• (6 ea) on the Catalina 36
There may be other uses we are not aware of. They were also not used every year the boat was produced.
• Outside of mounting flange (measured on the outside of the boat): 367mm x 191mm (about (14-7/16" x 7-1/2")
• Port opening: 298mm x 121mm (about 11-3/4" x 4-3/4")
• Cut out size: 347mm x 171mm (about 13-5/8" x 6-3/4")
Overall dimensions of the lens only:
• Height: 5-1/8"
• Width: 12-1/8"
Please note that these ports are built in England and made to metric system standard dimensions. All Imperial equivalents are approximate.
1) Using the Catalina 30 as an example: Don't assume your 1982 Catalina 30 uses these portlights. Catalina might have had a different brand of portlight on the shelf which they used until their supply was exhausted at a later date.
2) Like paint and fabrics, the color of any one run of product may vary slightly from the next. The color will also change slightly with age.
3) The exact thickness of any Acrylic sheet will vary slightly from one sheet to the next.Lewmar Old Standard Size 1