This is an improved screen for the size 1 Lewmar opening port, new or old standard. This port's lens has dogs which rotate closed with a motion like turning a key in a lock. This port was produced and used from 1982 onward.
This new screen is improved in several ways:
• Unlike the old screens, they can be installed from inside the boat. The securing bars on the inside of the screen can be easily gripped while fitting the screen.
• They can remain in place even when the port is closed.
• Sliding clips are more secure than the original screen. They engage between the frame and the seal to lock the flyscreen in place.
• The new screens have a stainless wire frame that has more integrity than the old plastic frame.
• (2 ea) on the Capri 26, Catalina 270, Catalina 27 (one customer with a 1988 Catalina 27 reports his boat used two size 0), Catalina 28, Catalina 37 and Catalina 42
• (4 ea) on the Catalina 30 and Catalina 38
• (7 ea) on the Catalina 320
• (8 ea) on the Catalina 34
• (6 ea) on the Catalina 36
There may be other uses we are not aware of. They were also not used every year the boat was produced.
These portlights were in production from 1982 through 1998.
• Outside of mounting flange (measured on the outside of the boat): 367mm x 191mm (about 14-7/16" x 7-1/2")
• Port opening: 298mm x 121mm (about 11-3/4" x 4-3/4")
• Cut out size: 347mm x 171mm (about 13-5/8" x 6-3/4")
• 12-1/8" x 5-1/4"
Please note that these ports are built in England and made to metric system standard dimensions. All Imperial equivalents are approximate.
Lewmar New Standard, Old Standard Size 1