Sorry! The 0 to 8 knot range instrument is no longer available. See part #Z2461 listed below under "May we also suggest" for the same instrument with a 0 to 12 knot range.
In the '70's and 80's sailing was a pastime supported by mom and pop businesses. Sailors all over Southern California knew Lowell North on a first name basis. And Signet Marine was the premier name in marine electronics. Well those times are gone. Instrument companies have been swallowed up by multinational defense contractors who make billions building patriot missiles and multi-million dollar radar systems...
Except for Signet. They are still a small company in Southern California building sailboat instruments. And they build a special knotmeter for us that is a perfect replacement for thousands of round instruments installed in early Catalinas. Most of the companies who built round instruments are now out of business. But our knotmeter is a great replacement for several reasons:
• They are built to the same high standards as always.
• Four small magnets in a paddlewheel transducer with four vanes begin to rotate at a very low speed threshold making for great light air sensitivity.
• The 4-1/2" round case (5-1/2" bezel) was the largest in the industry and therefore will fill the bulkhead mounting hole of almost any instrument.
• The mushroom thru-hull fitting is easy to install as there is no need to countersink the fitting into the fiberglass.
• The 2" diameter thru-hull fitting is as large or larger than most companies' fittings making it easy to retrofit in place of your existing instrument.
• The 0 to 8 knot range provides more space between each marking on the dial making it easier to see even a small change in boat speed.
• Red night lighting can be wired to your running light circuit for good night time visibility.
• No external power source is required for the instrument.
1) Confirm the diameter of your instrument housing, instrument bezel and thru-hull transducer by measuring to ensure an appropriate fit before ordering.
2) The early countersunk transducer thru-hull is available If you are replacing another Signet instrument installed with a flush mounted thru-hull transducer fitting.
3) If you prefer an instrument face with a 0-12 knot range they are available by special order. Please call and ask for #Z2461.