Stainless Replacement for your Original Plastic Deck Pipe Caps.
The original plastic caps had two issues:
• There were made in Sweden at a latitude similar to Glacier Bay National Park in Alaska. Used in those latitudes they last for years. But use them in lower latitudes and the UV of the sun wreaks havoc on them.
• After a few years, the plastic can develop cracks in the bottom of the winch handle socket.
Catalina Direct has the solution.
We now offer a direct screw-in replacement for your original plastic caps.
• Custom cast in type 316 stainless steel for increased corrosion resistance.
• Direct screw-in replacement for the original.
• No need to tear into interior cabinetry to gain access to replace the original deck pipe.
• Bold, cast-in labels to help avoid cross contamination.
If the caps on your boat completely cover the bronze deck pipe flange and use the winch handle as the wrench, these are the correct replacements.
Threaded portions of cap that threads into pipe is 1-13/16" OD, overall width is 3-3/8" OD.
1) Price is for a single cap only... no deck pipe or key.
2) Due to differences in thread pitch this cap is not interchangeable with other designs. It is a suitable replacement only for the plastic caps that were of the same design that covered the entire deck pipe flange and included a recess that provides for the use of a winch handle as the wrench.
3) Waste caps are supplied without a chain. The Cap must be completely removed from the pipe to facilitate a proper seal when pumping out the tank.