Low lead genoa car with large diameter sheave with ball bearings. Used on any boat equipped 1-1/4" T-track, such as the Catalina 38, Catalina 380, Catalina 42, Catalina 445, and Catalina 470.
• 10 Year factory warranty
• Stainless steel cheeks
• Hard coat anodized aluminum sheaves with ball bearings
• Integral stainless stand up spring
• Hinges from side to side to maintain the proper lead angle
• Spring loaded stop pin fits track's holes
• Pin can be locked in the raised position for easy adjustment
• Length of car: 8"
• Fits track size: 1-1/4"
• Safe working load: 4000 pounds
1) We created this car when a customer reported blowing up his original car when sailing his Catalina 42 offshore in 30+ knots. The additional length of this car ensures that the car will always straddle two attachment bolts between the track and the deck.
2) This block is a significant improvement compared to earlier blocks but improvements mean they are not identical to the original equipment blocks. Please confirm that they will fit on your earlier boat before ordering. One consideration, for example, is important if your boat has genoa track recessed flush with the deck. In this case, the track must stop before a blind end of the groove in the deck, providing a gap slightly longer than the length of the car to be installed. Otherwise you will not have room to slide the car onto the end of the track.