It is reported by Catalina that this larger capacity Catalina 380 fuel tank was installed at the factory starting at hull #178 built in 1999. But it is also reported that the hull liner was not modified to fit the larger tank, so earlier hull numbers that were supplied with the smaller 26 gallon tank should be able to upgrade to this larger 34 gallon tank. Includes fuel gauge sender. Many of the early fuel tanks were only 0.090" thick, while our standard thickness is 0.125".
You must verify the dimensions of the tank are suitable for your use. It is always possible the tank size changed during production but the change was not recorded.
This custom product will be made to your dimensions. Click on the Measurement Drawing in the "Technical Support" area below. Print the required drawing then email or fax the completed and signed drawing back to us.
We suggest the installation of an inspection port to facilitate future cleaning of the tank. See "May we also suggest" below to add it to your tank order.
• Height (maximum): 11-1/2" (inboard forward edge of tank)
• Width (maximum): 24-1/2" (top aft edge of tank)
• Length (maximum): 40-1/4" (top inboard edge of tank)
• Wall Thickness: 0.125" aluminum
• Capacity: 34 gallons
• Sending Unit (included) has a range of 240-33 Ohms
Includes 6" inspection port to facilitate a thorough clean out in the future.
1) This item does not conform to our standard shipping policies. Call 800-959-7245 (800-959-SAIL) for a shipping estimate.
2) An additional packaging charge also applies to this item.
3) A 50% nonrefundable deposit will be billed when your order for this special order item is accepted.
4) When you order a special order item it sets off a chain of events like Willie Wonka in the chocolate factory. Once you turn the valve the chocolate is coming down the pipe. If you then decide you want caramel, the chocolate is still going to come out of the pipe. We can't put the Chocolate back in the pipe, so someone is going to have to eat it, and it's not going to be us! Your order can't be canceled, returned, or magically changed into caramel, so please order carefully the first time!
5) A fuel tank is not deck hardware that is polished to present a beautiful shine to guests onboard. Tanks are fabricated on a metal bench by a guy wearing a welding visor that he can't see out of. Welding spatter that ends up between the tank and his bench will scratch the tank as it is moved about while welding. Every tank has scratches and imperfections that, due to its nature and the fact that it is hidden in a locker when installed, are not polished out before shipping. Cosmetic scratches, dings and abrasions are not considered defects.
6) Catalina installed at least two different tanks of differing sizes depending upon when the boat was built. This newer tank design is larger than the original. It may fit in the earlier boat. Due to the variations of what tank may be currently installed in your particular boat, call for detailed information. We will make it possible for you to double check the dimensions of the tank against the space available in your boat. To be certain that this custom built tank will be a correct fit in your boat before we accept your order, please be sure it will fit. This will make sure that when your tank arrives, the installation will go as smoothly as possible.