This filter is the factory replacement for the fuel filter used on Yanmar diesel engines. It is the factory part #129470-55703 which has now been replaced by part #129470-55810.
Your Yanmar owner's manual indicates the fuel filter should be replaced every 300 hours (250 hours on some models) or once per year, whichever is sooner.
Applications include these engines (and the boats that we are aware used these engines... There could be other combinations as well):
• 3JH3BE (Catalina 380 Hull 226 & up, Morgan 381, Catalina 387 Hulls 1 through 60)
• 3JH4E (Early Catalina 375)
• 3JH4BE (Catalina 387 Hull 61+)
• 4JHE (Catalina 42)
• 4JH2GB (Catalina 42)
• 4JH3BE (Catalina 400 hull #155 thru 313, Catalina 42, Morgan 440, Morgan 45)
• 4JH4SBE (Catalina 400 Hull 315 & up)
• 4JH2-HT-BE (Catalina 470)
CAUTION: Always carry several spare fuel filters. Under normal circumstances you won't need them. But if you do need them it will be at the worst possible time and you will need them desperately! In heavy seas, any accumulation of debris in the bottom of the tank will get stirred up and mixed with the fuel. When you need the engine the most, the filter will become clogged with the debris, the engine will be starved for fuel, and it will die.
We carry these parts for your convenience though you may find them elsewhere less expensive due to the manufacturer's restricted distribution.