This is an after market coupler for the forward end of the prop shaft. The output shaft of your transmission is equipped with the mating (but different) end.
We will need to know the model of your Yanmar engine and the make and model of your transmission to get a proper match.
• 2 hardened set screws
• 4 hardened bolts 10mm dia
• 4 nuts
• 4 locking washers
• Outside diameter: 4-3/4"
• Shaft diameter: 1-1/4"
1) All transmission couplings require proper fitting & facing to the propeller shaft to ensure concentricity. Specialized machinery and tooling are required to properly install a coupling to a shaft. It is strongly recommended this work be performed by a qualified machine shop or boat yard.
2) It is also mandatory that the shaft be dimpled to match the coupler set screws prior to use. These dimples prevent the shaft from pulling out of the coupler when the engine is shifted into reverse.
3) Please note your engine and transmission information in the memo field available at check-out.
4) We will bill A 50% nonrefundable deposit to your credit card when we accept your order for this item. The balance will be billed when the product ships.
5) The above photo is for reference. The OD of the actual 5" part is larger than the part pictured.
6) This is a custom made part. You provide the information we need to build this product for you. Once you order it we are going to build it just for you, just as you asked. We never want to see it again, and no one else wants it either. So be careful and order it correctly the first time because it can't be canceled, returned, or magically changed into something different!