This is an improved screen for the original 7-11/16" x 16-3/4" (round end) aluminum frame Lewmar opening port. Six of these ports were used on the Catalina 350 and Catalina 42. Catalina may have used these same size Lewmar ports on other models as well.
This new screen is improved in several ways:
• Unlike the old screens, they can be installed from inside the boat. The securing bars on the inside of the screen can be easily gripped while fitting the screen.
• They can remain in place even when the port is closed.
• Sliding clips are more secure than the original screen. They engage between the frame and the seal to lock the flyscreen in place.
• The new screens have a stainless wire frame that has more integrity than the old plastic frame.
• (4 ea) Catalina 380 and Catalina 387
• (6 ea) Catalina 400 and Catalina 42
• (10 ea) Catalina 470
There may be other uses we are not aware of. They were also not used every year the boat was produced.
• Outside of mounting flange (measured on the outside of the boat): 425mm x 191mm (about (16-3/4" x 7-11/16")
• Cut out size: 405mm x 171mm (about 15-15/16" x 6-3/4")
• Height: 5-1/2"
• Length: 14-1/2"
• From the outside surface of the lens to center of the hinge axis: 29mm (about 1.14")
• 14-5/8" x 5-1/2"
Please note that these ports are built in England and made to metric system standard dimensions. All Imperial equivalents are approximate. Lewmar Size 7RE Aluminum Frame