This set includes two spreader inserts and two spreader tip castings. Also included are a drill and tap as well as fasteners for installation. MareLube Tef 45 is also supplied to prevent corrosion between between the dissimilar metals.
Used on both the upper and lower spreaders on a Catalina 380 non-furling mast, Catalina 400, Catalina 42 MkII, non-furling mast, Catalina 42 MkII furling mast, and the Catalina 440 furling mast.
It was also used on the upper spreaders only of the early Catalina 42 (until about 1998). The mast equipped with two different sized spreaders have spreader bases that are welded to the mast. The spreaders are secured to the welded base using only one clevis pin. See the larger T2010 kit below listed under "May we also suggest" for the lower spreader tip kits for the early Catalina 42.Below is a list of usage:
• (1) set per C-34 MkII in mast furling rig
• (1) set per C-36 MkII in mast furling rig
• (2) sets per C-380 non furling rig
• (2) sets per C-400 non furling rig (Some owners of early C-400's report two different size spreaders on their C-400. In that case these spreader tips only fit the lower, longer spreaders)
• (2) sets per C-42 MkII in mast furling rig
• (2) sets per C-42 MkII non furling rig
• (2) sets per C-440 in mast furling rig
• (1) set per early C-42 w/ Isomat NG-80 spar (for upper spreaders)