An aluminum propane tank with a horizontal orientation and matches the tank originally supplied by Seaward products to Catalina Yachts with one exception. Earlier tanks, built before September 30, 1998, were not equipped with an overfill protection device. By law, all new tanks are required to have this device to prevent accidental fires.
• A fill valve with a yellow dust cap
• Standard output valve with external threads QQC and internal threads POL
Horizontal tanks include a long tube attached inside the tank for discharge. This tube is plumbed to the highest point in the tank to only discharge vapor and not liquid. There is also a separate fill valve that incorporates the overfill protection.
• Overall length: ~16"
• Diameter: 10-1/4"
• Height: 10-3/4"
Mounting bracket details:
• Holes: (4) total cleared for 3/8" fasteners
• Valve end: 3" x ~1-1/2", holes ~3-1/2" in from end of tank, 1-1/2" on centers
• Opposite valve end: 6" x 1-1/2", holes ~3/4" in from end of tank, 4" on centers
• Centerline to centerline from bracket to bracket measured along centerline: ~11-1/2"
1) Small propane tanks have an expiration date of 12 years from the date of manufacture. Once those 12 years have expired, you must either purchase a new tank or attempt to have it inspected and recertified for an additional five years. Reputable firms will not refill a tank that has expired due to safety concerns.
2) This is an oversize item which does not conform to our standard shipping policies. Call 800/959-SAIL for a shipping estimate.