Are you stuck between adding more charging capability or more battery capacity? Why not use less power instead! Our new LED navigation light replacement elements use far less power than a conventional incandescent bulb without sacrificing all important visibility to other vessels.
This bulb is suitable for use in both Aqua Signal and Hella fixtures for boats over 12 meters (39'4"). As such, both the Catalina 42 and the Catalina 400 can use this bulb.
The original equipment Aqua Signal incandescent bulb in the red and green light fixture is 2 amps (25 watts) @ 12 volts. The replacement LED bulb is only .1 amps (1 watt) @ 12 volts! The draw is so small that you're unlikely to ever have to run your engine just because of the draw from your navigation lights.
• Nickel plated brass contacts for corrosion resistance in the marine environment.
• Circuit boards are sealed in a capsule for moisture and environmental protection.
• Dual contact base w/ indexed pins
• May be used to replace Aqua Signal series 41 bi-color bow lights
This LED is bi-directional, meaning that it is not polarity sensitive.
• Bulb type: Double contact indexed pins
• Voltage: 12v
• Lumens: 90
• Approximate power consumption: 1w (~ .1 amps)
• Approximate incandescent equivalent: 25W (~ 2 amps)
This bulb is made specifically for the Aqua Signal series 41 and Hella series 2984. These fixtures are unique in that the bulb socket is mounted near the top of the fixture to reduce the chance of corrosion The bulb hangs upside down inside of the fixture. This is critical as the red/green bulb must be indexed to the color.