Exhaust riser for a Catalina 42 equipped with a Yanmar diesel engine.
• Fits exhaust hose: 2" ID
• Fits raw water hose: 1" ID
• Rise from center of flange to center of tube at top of rise: 11-1/2"
• From engine surface of flange to center of exhaust outlet: 13-1/2"
• Overall dimension of flange: 3" square
• Center to center of adjacent flange mounting holes: 2-1/4"
1) Catalina Yachts reports that the 12-1/2" offset from engine flange to center of outlet should fit most Catalina 42's equipped with a Yanmar engine. However, they believe a few boats were produced with risers that had a 13-1/2" offset. There isn't any reason we have been able to discover as to why this difference was introduced. Be careful! Measure your existing riser before ordering this custom made part. If your riser doesn't match the dimensions found below under "More Images" below please see our other Catalina 42 Exhaust Riser part #T1990, we offer pictured below.
2) CAUTION! This exhaust riser must be used with a properly installed thermal jacket. Due to the extreme fire hazard, we include the appropriate Thermal Jacket with each riser. Installing a riser without a thermal jacket is an extreme fire hazard that could cause death or serious injury and the complete loss of your boat.
2) We cannot overstate or take responsibility for the extreme danger inherent in an inboard engine's exhaust installation. We strongly recommend you have an experienced boat yard perform exhaust system repair or replacement.
3) Never run your engine without a properly installed Thermal Jacket. In every Catalina installation there are combustible materials close enough to the riser to start a fire.
4) This item does not conform to the shipping table in the Shopping Cart. Additional shipping must be calculated. When you place your order we always call with a shipping quote before billing your card. For a quote in advance, just call 800/959-7245.