34 gallon fuel tank for the Catalina 42. Many of the early fuel tanks were only 0.090" thick, while our standard thickness is 0.125".
You must verify the dimensions of the tank are suitable for your use. It is always possible the tank size changed during production but the change was not recorded.
This custom product will be made to your dimensions. Click on the Measurement Drawing in the "Read More..." area below. Print the required drawing then email or fax the completed and signed drawing back to us.
We suggest the installation of inspection ports to facilitate future cleaning of the tank. Since there is a baffle in the tank, two inspection ports are required to achieve full access to the interior of the tank. See "May we also suggest" below to add them to your tank order.
• Height (maximum): 13-7/8"
• Width (maximum): 23-1/4"
• Length (maximum): 29"
• Wall Thickness: 0.125" aluminum
• Capacity: 34 gallons
• Sending Unit (included) has a range of 240-33 Ohms
1) Some original brochures listed the fuel capacity of the Catalina 42 as 38 gallons based on preliminary engineering drawings and calculations. By the time the boat entered production, available space limited the actual size of the tank to 34 gallons. The tank pictured is this original, 34 gallon tank. In 1999 starting with hull #683, Catalina Yachts modified the interior to make it possible to fit a larger 46 gallon tank. Some owners report success at modifying their boat at a later date to accept the larger tank. The possibility will vary depending upon the boat's layout and installed optional equipment. We do not recommend this approach. We also have no way to know if it will work in your boat or if, perhaps, a previous owner has already fitted the larger tank to your boat.
2) A limited number of Catalina 42's destined for the export market for use in charter fleets were equipped with thicker tanks made with .190" aluminum. Since we have all Catalina 42 tanks custom fabricated from the original plans, we can offer this thicker tank at a commensurately higher price. Call for a current price quote.
3) This item does not conform to the shipping table in the Shopping Cart. Additional shipping must be calculated. When you place your order we always call with a shipping quote before billing your card. For a quote in advance, just call 800/959-7245.
4) An additional packaging charge applies to this item.
5) A 50% nonrefundable deposit will be billed when your order for this special order item is accepted.
6) When you order this special order item it sets off a chain of events like Willie Wonka in the chocolate factory. Once you turn the valve the chocolate is coming down the pipe. If you then decide you want caramel, the chocolate is still going to come out of the pipe. We can't put the Chocolate back in the pipe, so someone is going to have to eat it, and it's not going to be us! Your order can't be canceled, returned, or magically changed into caramel, so please order carefully the first time!
7) A fuel tank is not deck hardware that is polished to present a beautiful shine to impress guests onboard. Tanks are fabricated on a metal bench by a guy wearing a welding visor that he can't see out of. Welding spatter that ends up between the tank and his bench will scratch the tank as it is moved about while welding. Every tank has scratches and imperfections that, due to its nature and the fact that it is hidden in a locker when installed, are not polished out before shipping. Cosmetic scratches, dings and abrasions are not considered defects.