Instrument panel faceplate only for boats equipped with pedestal steering and a Yanmar diesel engine. This panel fits the Seaward trapezoidal shaped pod only, and does not include the pod itself, instruments or wiring.
• Select White panel with black lettering (as shown above) or Black panel with white lettering in the drop down menu above.
This panel was never used as OEM but was devised as an upgrade for boats boats equipped with Yanmar diesel engines and Edson steering systems prior to the angled instrument panel pods and Edson's "Vision Series" pedestals:
• Catalina 42 (4JH see note 2 below, 4JH2, 4JH3)
• Catalina 320 (3GM30)
• Catalina 270 (2GM20)
There may be other applications where this panel is appropriate as well.
It is considered an upgrade for the versatility it provides.
• When the old panel is in need of replacement but you want to use your old instruments: The original instruments used a separate hour meter rather than integrating the hour meter into the tachometer. This panel provides for the installation of a round hour meter into the extra hole at the top right.
• If you would like to add an oil pressure gauge, install a new tachometer with an integrated hour meter and add an oil pressure gauge into the extra hole at the top right.
1) Caution! Only use warm soapy water, no degreasers or harsh chemical cleaners, to clean the plastic panels.
2) Some early boats had the ignition switch mounted on the panel. Keys with flotation would often catch on the wheel so the ignition was moved to the side of the pod.
3) Early panels were either not supplied with a high temperature alarm or the alarm just dangled inside of the pod. In either case the high temp alarm was inadequate. This new design provides for the installation of a Dual Tone Alarm Module directly on the surface of the panel where it can be heard. It is offered below under "May we also suggest. The water temperature switch was typically included with the engine but you may need to run an additional wire from the engine plug to the panel. The ignition switch is not included with the panel.
4) Some earlier panels had the tachometer mounted on the starboard side of the panel and the instrument pod flange was trimmed at that location for proper clearance. With the tachometer now on the port side, you may find that you need to trim a bit of the instrument pod flange for proper clearance. Look at any modifications to the existing flange to see how much trimming may be required. Note that your panel has to be removed to see the modification to the flange.
5) We require a photo of your existing panel to be submitted with every order for a custom replacement faceplate.
6) We will require your boat's engine model. Please add this information to the comments field at final checkout.
7) This is a custom manufactured item, made for you only after you order it. When you place your order item it sets off a chain of events like Willie Wonka in the chocolate factory. Once you turn the valve the chocolate is coming down the pipe. If you then decide you want caramel, the chocolate is still going to come out of the pipe. We can't put the Chocolate back in the pipe, so someone is going to have to eat it, and it's not going to be us! Your order can't be canceled, returned, or magically changed into caramel, so please order carefully the first time!
8) This item does not conform to our standard shipping policies. Please call 1-800-959-7245 for a shipping estimate.
9) A 50% nonrefundable deposit will be billed when your order for this item is accepted. The balance will be billed when the product ships.