Gasket for Lewmar 19-3/8" x 19-3/8" Coastline hatch. Seals the lid to the deck flange.
• Catalina 34 (1)
• Catalina 36 (1)
• Catalina 42 (2)
There may be other instances where this hatch is used. It is also possible that not every boat described above used this hatch. Please use the dimensions above and the photos below to verify which hatch is actually installed on your boat.
For Lewmar Coastline hatches manufactured from 1991 through 1999 (Catalina used this series of hatch as early as 1994. It is likely they used it even earlier. It is also likely Catalina installed this Coastline hatch inventory in boats until sometime in 2000). This hatch can be identified by a single (not split) frame that cannot be disassembled in two halves. The gasket has a trapezoidal cross section and is glued onto the bottom of the aluminum frame surrounding the lens.
• Outside of lid: 491mm x 491mm (about 19-3/8" x 19-3/8")
• Outside of deck flange: 491mm x 491mm (about 19-5/16" x 19-5/16")
• Cutout: 421mm x 421mm (about 16-9/16" x 16-9/16")
• Height off of deck: 25mm (about 1")
• Lens thickness: 5/16"
Please note that these hatches are built in England and made to metric system standard dimensions. All Imperial equivalents are approximate.
1) Since Lewmar is a British company, all of their products are metric. The fractional dimensions provided are the nearest equivalents.
2) "Coastline" model hatches typically have the name "Coastline" stamped into the lens. Use this characteristic for verification as other Lewmar hatch models use different gaskets. Lewmar Size 40 coastline