Lewmar 20-3/16" x 20-3/16" Coastline hatch. This hatch is no longer available but was used on many Catalinas between 1998 and 1999. See "More images:" below showing the characteristics of the Coastline hatches.
• Catalina 320, 2 per boat ('98-'99)
• Catalina 34, 2 per boat ('98-'99)
• Catalina 36, 2 per boat ('98-'99)
• Catalina 42, 3 per 2 cabin ('98-'99), 4 per 3 cabin ('98-'99)
• Catalina 470, 2 per boat ('91-'98)
There may be other instances where this hatch is used. It is also possible that not every boat described above used this hatch. Please use the dimensions above and the photos below to verify which hatch is actually installed on your boat.
For Lewmar Coastline hatches manufactured from 1991 through 1999 (Catalina used this series of hatch as early as 1991 and this size starting in 1998. It is also likely Catalina installed this Coastline hatch inventory in boats until sometime in 2000). This hatch can be identified by a single (not split) frame that cannot be disassembled in two halves. The gasket has a trapezoidal cross section and is glued onto the bottom of the aluminum frame surrounding the lens.
• Outside of deck flange: 512mm x 512mm (about 20-3/16" x 20-3/16")
• Cutout: 442mm x 442mm (about 17-3/8" x 17-3/8")
• Height off of deck: 25mm (about 1")
Please note that these hatches are built in England and made to metric system standard dimensions. All Imperial equivalents are approximate.
• Lens thickness: 10mm (about 3/8")
Since Lewmar is a British company, all of their products are metric. The fractional dimensions provided are the nearest equivalents.
"Coastline" model hatches typically have the name "Coastline" stamped into the lens. In addition the Coastline hatches have a short lip on the outside edge of the hatch frame. Use these characteristics and the additional photos at the left for verification as other Lewmar hatch models use different gaskets. Lewmar Size 44 Coastline