This 20-3/16" X 20-3/16" (nominal size), matte finish, medium profile hatch is used on a variety of boats in various locations to provide extra ventilation.
This hatch was never used by Catalina Yachts, but it is a direct replacement for Coastline and Low Profile hatches that they did use.
The 1/2" thick lens makes this a stronger drop-in retrofit hatch for the earlier OEM Coastline and Low Profile hatches. Both of the earlier hatches were equipped with thinner lenses, 3/8" thick for the Coastline and 5/16" thick for the Low Profile. Recommended anywhere a hatch may be stepped on by the crew.
Known Usage for Coastline and similar size Low Profile hatches (and for which this hatch would make a great replacement):
• (2) each: Catalina 320, Catalina 34 MkII, Catalina 36 MkII
• (4) some Catalina 400
• (3) each: Catalina 42 MkII 2 Cabin models
• (4) each: Catalina 42 MkII 3 Cabin models
• (2) each: Catalina 470
There may be other instances where this hatch is used. It is also possible that not every boat described above used this hatch. Please use the dimensions above and the photos below to verify which hatch is actually installed on your boat.
• Overall dimension (outside of lid): 513mm x 513mm (~20-3/16" x 20-3/16")
• Cutout: 442mm x 442mm (~17-3/8" x 17-3/8")
• Height off of deck: 32mm (~1-1/4")
• Radius of Cutout: 42.5mm ( 1-11/16")
• Lens thickness: 12mm (~1/2")
Please note that these hatches are built in England and made to metric system standard dimensions. All Imperial equivalents are approximate.
1) It is likely that when upgrading from a Low Profile to a Medium Profile hatch, the screw hole pattern won't match. Fill the old holes with MarineTex listed below. Let it cure, then re-drill the holes in the new position.
2) This item does not conform to the shipping table in the Shopping Cart. Additional shipping must be calculated. When you place your order we always call with a shipping quote before billing your card. For a quote in advance, just call 800/959-7245. Lewmar Size 44 Medium Profile Lewmar