This is an improved screen for the original size 1RE (round end) Lewmar opening port. The port has plastic dogs which you push to close and pull to open.
This new screen is improved in several ways:
• Unlike the old screens, they can be installed from inside the boat. The securing bars on the inside of the screen can be easily gripped while fitting the screen.
• They can remain in place even when the port is closed.
• Sliding clips are more secure than the original screen. They engage between the frame and the seal to lock the flyscreen in place.
• The new screens have a stainless wire frame that has more integrity than the old plastic frame.
• (2 ea) on the Capri 26, Catalina 270, Catalina 28, Catalina 37 and Catalina 42
• (4 ea) on the Catalina 30 and Catalina 38
• (4 ea) on the Catalina 320
• (6 ea) on the Catalina 34
• (4 ea) on the Catalina 36.
The quantities used on each boat may vary with the year.
There may be other uses we are not aware of. They were also not used every year the boat was produced.
• Outside of mounting flange (measured on the outside of the boat): 367mm x 191mm (about 14-7/16" x 7-1/2")
• Cut out size: 347mm x 171mm (about 13-5/8" x 6-3/4")
• Height: 135mm (about 5-1/4")
• Length: 310mm (about 12-3/16")
• From the outside surface of the lens to center of the hinge axis: 1.14" (about 29mm)
• 12-1/8" x 5-1/4"
Please note that these ports are built in England and made to metric system standard dimensions. All Imperial equivalents are approximate. Lewmar Size 1RE