Famed American naval architect Nathanael Herreshoff was responsible for the design of a series of successful America’s Cup yachts that were undefeated between 1893 and 1920. He also designed the best mooring cleat to this day.
Herreshoff cleats feature:
• Four widely spaced fastener holes for secure mounting
• A large opening that an eye splice can easily be inserted through for quick deployment
• Long ears for securing lines that are relatively large for the cleat
• An elegant design that is still beautiful after more than 100 years
• Cast from type 316 stainless steel for strength and corrosion resistance
• Highly polished finish for both beauty and even better resistance to rust and corrosion
• Countersunk fastener holes to avoid chafing the mooring line
• Length: 12" (measures 11-13/16")
• Mounting hole spacing, center to center: 4" fore and aft, 1-15/16" port to starboard.
• Catalina 375
• Catalina 42
We do not have a record of every Catalina model that used this size cleat. There are certainly other models that use this 12" mooring cleats. Compare the mounting hole pattern before ordering to ensure a proper fit.