This replacement Dorade box is plastic construction similar to the original part used on the Catalina 34, Catalina 36, and Catalina 42.
An improvement to the design was accomplished by moving the scuppers. The early part had the scupper holes at the base of the same recess as the mounting screw holes. This made the base weak and it would break. The new box has the scuppers between the mounting holes making the base stronger.
May be used with either our #Z1926 or Z2500 cowl vent.
• White plastic box
• Stainless steel mushroom damper (adjustable from inside the boat)
• Stainless steel mounting base
• Monel bug screen
This is the heart of the ventilating system that allows fresh air to enter the interior of your boat without the water that sometimes likes to accompany it.
In heavy seas, when green water is coming over the bow, the interior mushroom can be closed from below for a watertight seal. It is not necessary to remove the bug screen to open or close the vent. With the mushroom open, water entering the vent flows over the top of the mushroom and exits through the scupper holes at the base of the dorade box.
• Height: 105mm (4-1/8")
• Base outside diameter: 192mm (7-9/16")
• Top outside diameter: 152mm (6")
• Top inside diameter: 100mm (4")
• Mounting hole diameter in deck: 122mm (4-13/16"; use a 4-3/4" hole saw)
1) There were similar Dorade boxes manufactured by a different company in the past that would only accommodate a 3" diameter vent, These Dorade boxes are not compatible with those 3" vents so measure carefully before ordering.
2) This box accommodates two different vents; The vent with the screw down ring (#Z1926) uses the 6 hole pattern, the vent with the threaded ring (Z2500) attaches using the 4 hole pattern in the top of the dorade.