Main halyard with a spliced eye for the Catalina 42. Dacron jacket over a Dyneema core.
We splice the eye by hand to the shackle you select at the time you place the order or one you provide to us.
The shackle is not included in the halyard price, so make sure that if you need a closed type shackle spliced to the halyard, that you order the shackle you want on the same order. Please note in the comments section at checkout which shackle, by part number, to use.
If you already have a closed type shackle you want to use, please contact our sales staff for instructions on how and where to send it.
• Diameter: 7/16"
• Length: 140'
• Construction: Double braid continuous strand line without mill splices (see "Read More" below for the full story)
• Fiber: Polyester cover, w/ Dyneema core
• Stretch: Extremely low, approximately 1/4 that of polyester
• Color: White with blue markers
1) The length of this item is based on the original factory specifications. However, the previous owner, like Captain Jack Sparrow, may have had an entirely different idea about how to rig a boat! Please confirm this is the correct length for your particular boat. We cut it from a long length and can't splice it back together again. Your order cannot be canceled, returned or exchanged, but, like Jack, you may have a different idea of what you can use it for!
2) We splice the eye by hand to the shackle you select at the time you order.
3) This item does not conform to the shipping table in the Shopping Cart. Additional shipping must be calculated. When you place your order we always call with a shipping quote before billing your card. For a quote in advance, call 800/959-7245.
4) A 50% nonrefundable deposit will be billed when your order for this item is accepted. The balance will be billed when the product ships.