Mast bracket assembly used on the early Catalina 42 non-furling masts.
Bracket: See annotated drawing at left for more information.
• Height: 119mm (approximately 4-3/4")
• Width: 90mm (approximately 3-3/4")
• Toggle Pin: 14mm (approximately 0.55")
• Width between fasteners: ~75mm (see warnings and notes tab)
• Diameter: 22mm (~7/8")
• Length overall: 156mm (~6-1/8") LOA includes 26mm threaded stud on the bottom end
• Diameter of stud: 8mm (~5/16")
Bow Shackle: 8mm (~5/16")
Horizontal clevis pin: 3/8" x 2" grip
1) The vertical hole(s) in the gray aluminum mast casting may require drilling to a larger size as different pin designs have been used over time.
2) These parts are imported from France and are no longer in routine use. The replacement parts are made in small batches (likely ~5 or 10 units). The dimensions we offer were taken directly from actual parts. But the parts vary from one part to the next. We have noticed that in each batch the holes are machined at a slightly different distance apart. I am happy to fly to France for you and supervise the production of a perfect replacement mast bracket. Obviously that would be very expensive. Lead time would also be considerable since every marine business in France is near a French wine region!
Be prepared to machine the mounting holes in the new replacement casting longer (oval) to match the holes in your mast. Do not simply drill the holes in your mast larger!