Complete HDPE (High Density Polyethylene) kick-up rudder for the Capri 14.2 and Coronado 15, and Omega 14.
The HDPE rudder blade is solid plastic, carved by machine from a single block. No fiberglass to split, chip or crack, and no wood or foam core to absorb water. Includes our deluxe tiller
created using only the finest white ash with hard, dense and extra strong African mahogany. It's elegant shape and added strength make it the finest tiller available. 3/8" diameter pintles
are also included.
Owners typically experience much lighter tiller effort, crisper tacking
and improved pointing as a result of the improved airfoil section. You will experience better slow speed maneuverability while docking as well. Includes:
• HDPE rudder blade
• All stainless steel rudder head assembly
• African mahogany and ash tiller
• Tiller to rudder stainless steel connecting straps
• Stainless steel 3/8" diameter pintles
• Gas spring
HDPE rudders are so robust that we can avoid the plywood packaging necessary when fiberglass rudders are shipped via UPS. This saves you a $50.00 packaging charge.
• Draft: 25"
• LOA : 45"
• Blade length: 36" (10" in the head)
• Blade thickness: 1"
• Cord: 10-1/2"
• Pintle diameter: 3/8"
• Tiller length: 36"
1) This item does not conform to the shipping table in the Shopping Cart. Additional shipping must be calculated. When you place your order we always call with a shipping quote before billing your card. For a quote in advance, just call 800/959-7245.
2) A 50% nonrefundable deposit will be billed when your order for this item is accepted. The balance will be billed when the product ships.
3) When you order a special order item it sets off a chain of events like Willie Wonka in the chocolate factory. Once you turn the valve the chocolate is coming down the pipe. If you then decide you want caramel, the chocolate is still going to come out of the pipe. We can't put the Chocolate back in the pipe, so someone is going to have to eat it, and it's not going to be us! Your order can't be canceled, returned, or magically changed into caramel, so please order carefully the first time!
Caution: Never leave any rudder sitting in the sun in the back of your pickup. With half the rudder immersed while moored, water will dissipate any heat buildup. But while stored, heat may damage the rudder. A Fiberglass rudder may expand and split at the seams. A polyethylene rudder may warp. Always store your rudder out of the direct sun.