The Capri 16.5 is not a small dinghy, but was originally equipped with a small dinghy style mainsheet system which suffers from inadequate purchase for such a powerful rig, only 2-1. Our new 3-1 purchase system gives you 50% more mechanical advantage, making that fairly large main much easier to handle, especially in higher winds.
The mainsheet is secured to the larger diameter half of the dinghy traveler block (Z2628) by means of a bowline tied through the center of the larger block. This eliminates the need for a specialized (read expensive) block with a becket. It then goes up to the fiddle block on the boom, and so on as it normally would. Because you are increasing the purchase, you also need to increase the length of the mainsheet for this system, so we include a longer sheet.
Dimensions of dinghy traveler block:
• Sheave diameters: about 1-1/2" & about 1"
• Line sizes: 3/8" (mainsheet) & 1/4" (traveler)
• Safe working load: 330 pounds
• Break load: 1000 pounds
Dimensions of fiddle block:
• Shackle pin diameter: 5/32"
• Sheave diameters: 1-9/16" & 7/8"
• Maximum line size: 3/8"
• Safe working load: 485 pounds
• Break load: 1620 pounds
• Diameter: 3/8"
• Length: 48'
• Construction: Double braid continuous strand line without mill splices (see "Technical Support" below for the full story)
• Fiber: Dacron Polyester cover, w/ Polyester core
• Stretch: Very low stretch
• Color: White with blue marker
The length of this item is based on the original factory specifications. However, the previous owner, like Captain Jack Sparrow, may have had an entirely different idea about how to rig a boat! Please confirm this is the correct length for your particular boat. We cut it from a long length and can't splice it back together again. Your order cannot be canceled, returned or exchanged, but, like Jack, you may have a different idea of what you can use it for!