This forestay is for the older style Capri 14.2 that has a tang near the top of the mast to which the forestay is attached. This is made from high quality, corrosion resistant type 316 stainless steel wire.
• Length (pin in fork to pin in thimble): 15' 2-1/4"
1) We use an aircraft fork at the top of the new shroud
. A clevis pin and cotter pin are supplied for the fork. Cut off your old shroud
at the tang
. Pin the new shroud
onto the tang
using the provided clevis pin and cotter pin. This method avoids having to remove the old tang
s which sometimes results in compromising the self tapped threads in the aluminum mast.
2) We build these for you to the typical length of 15' 2-1/4" pin to pin. Since we make these to a nominal length of 15' 2-1/4", we highly recommend you measure your old rigging to check for variations from this standard dimension. If you need a different length, please call our sales staff for assistance.
3) By ordering this part you agree to having it made to the standard 15' 2-1/4" length. Once you order it we are going to build it just for you, just as you asked. We never want to see it again, and no one else wants it either. So be careful and order it correctly the first time because it can't be canceled, returned, or magically changed into something different!
4) In 2012 Catalina started supplying the Capri 14.2 with Seldén masts and standing rigging. Current production Capri 14.2 (hulls 5449 and up) are now equipped with Seldén rigs. These boats require different mast fittings. If your boat has a Seldén rig, call our Technical Support at 916/843-1971.