Mast extrusion retrofit for the Coronado 15. Retrofit section allows for transfer of most existing hardware. New and improved masthead with sheaves included as an upgrade to the original tube style masthead. Mast shape allows for use of factory original mast foot assembly and mast step, so your old assembly can be transferred or you can add one to your order by clicking on the item in the "May we also suggest" section below.
The kit also includes a machine screw with nylock nut to be used in lieu of the sheet metal screws originally used in the lower hole of the upper shroud tangs
. This allows you to through bolt the tangs
when you transfer over your hardware, making for a much stronger installation.
• Mast extrusion with slot for sail slides
• Mast slot is machined to accept the original OEM
gooseneck and boom
• Masthead with sheaves
• Through bolt with nylock nut (improved, replacement fastener for lower fastener in shroud tangs
• (4) Stainless steel pop rivets for installing masthead (2 extra are included in case any fail)
• (4) Stainless steel pop rivets (2 extra are included in case any fail) for transferring over existing mast foot assembly (see "May we also suggest" below if you need a new assembly)
1) This item does not conform to the shipping table in the Shopping Cart. Additional shipping must be calculated. When you place your order we always call with a shipping quote before billing your card. For a quote in advance, just call 800/959-7245.
2) An additional packaging charge also applies to this item.
3) A 50% nonrefundable deposit will be billed when your order for this item is accepted. The balance will be billed when the product ships.
4) Most of the original mast hardware was installed with self tapping sheet metal screws when assembled at the factory. You can reuse these fasteners to transfer over your hardware. Some have reported that previous owners have replaced the self tapping screws with pop rivets. If that is the case, you will need to drill out the pop rivets and buy new fasteners for transferring over the hardware.
5) Due to differences in mastheads, you may need to reposition the main halyard lock so that the mains'l ends up in the same location. Measure the distance down from the masthead to the halyard shackle on your old rig with the lock in place and position the lock on the new mast such that the halyard shackle is the same distance down from the new masthead.
6) This is a custom made part. You provide the information we need to build this product for you. Once you order it we are going to build it just for you, just as you asked. We never want to see it again, and no one else wants it either. So be careful and order it correctly the first time because it can't be canceled, returned, or magically changed into something different!