This 2" X 16" aftermarket heat exchanger is an upgrade to the original equipment 2" x 12" heat exchanger used on the Universal Diesel M-18, M-12, and M2-12 engine. It adds more cooling capacity in the same diameter part so the original mounting brackets can be reused as long as there is room on your M-18, M-12, and M2-12 engine installation for the additional length. Does not include mounting brackets.
The 16" length was the original size on the M-25 engine, but you might consider upgrading to the larger 3" version shown below in "May we also suggest".
Includes NO ferrous metal. Fabricated from almost five pounds of bronze and copper explains why this part is so pricey.
• Raw water hose size: 1/2"
• Raw water female pipe thread: 3/8"
• Engine water hose sizes: 7/8"
• Diameter of heat exchanger body: 2"
• Length of heat exchanger body: 16"
• Zinc: 1/4" thread, 9/16" wrench
1) The M-12 engine used a small 12" heat exchanger. We no longer offer that unit. It may be necessary to adapt this heat exchanger by, for example, adding a pipe to hose barb fitting from a hardware store. Check the photos and dimensions supplied for this product carefully for compatibility before ordering.
2) This item does not conform to the shipping table in the Shopping Cart. Additional shipping must be calculated. When you place your order we always call with a shipping quote before billing your card. For a quote in advance, just call 800/959-7245.
3) When upgrading the M-12, M2-12 or M-18 from 2" X 12" to this 2" X 16", make sure there is room for the longer version.