Eleven gallon Seaward domestic hot water heater with galvanized exterior enclosure. Inner tank is made from Alcoa Alclad aluminum alloy for long life. 120 volts, 1500 watts. Electrical and fresh water connections are located on the 16" X 16" front panel. The heat exchanger connections for the engine cooling water are located on the the rear panel.
Marine water heaters heat the domestic water supply from two distinct energy sources; a traditional electric heating element, and heat transferred from waste engine heat. Engine heat is captured by running hot engine "fresh water" coolant (50% antifreeze and water) through a long tube inside the domestic water reservoir, heating (but not mixing with) the domestic water.
A water heater of the same size and volume was also used in the Catalina 309, Catalina 310, Catalina 350, Catalina 445, and Catalina 50. Unfortunately, records that describe which exact version of the heater was used in each boat are incomplete. If your heater, for example, has all plumbing connections on the front, please refer to the area below labeled "May we also suggest" for the correct heater.
• Height: 16"
• Width: 16"
• Depth: 22"
• Potable water female thread: 1/2 NPT
• Heat exchanger hose barb size for engine coolant hose: 5/8"
• Capacity: 11 gallons
1) "Rear" in this case refers to the side away from you in the photo. The "Front" is the side facing you where the majority of the connections are made. "Front" and "Rear" do not refer to the orientation of the water heater as mounted in your particular boat.
2) This item does not conform to the shipping table in the Shopping Cart. Additional shipping must be calculated. When you place your order we always call with a shipping quote before billing your card. For a quote in advance, just call 800/959-7245.
3) This heater comes with a 120 volt element intended for use in the United States. If your boat is wired for 240 volts (such as in Europe or Australia) then please contact us for information on converting this heater to 240 volts.