This is a perfect size self tailer for a Catalina 22 or Capri 22. It is also perfect if you're looking for a self-tailer for your Catalina 25 halyard. It has more than enough power for the largest heads'l, yet its height is shorter than a Lewmar 16 and more appropriate to the size of smaller boats.
For those unfamiliar with self tailing winches, they are excellent for short handed or single handed sailing. The self tailing mechanism on the top of the winch holds the line for you, yet when you crank the handle the sheet
. is hauled in without the line stacking up on the winch. This allows one person to handle both the helm and the jib sheet
All dimensions are the same on the 14ST and the 16ST including the power ratio with the exception of the height:
• Drum diameter: 65.7mm (~2-9/16")
• Base diameter: 121mm (~4-3/4")
• Power ratio: 15.8:1 (for every pound applied to the handle, 15.8 pounds are applied to the line)
• Fasteners: (5) 6mm (~1/4") flat head on 94mm (~3-11/16") circle
• Height (14ST): 121mm (~4-3/4")
• Height (16ST): 145.5mm (~5-3/4")
1) This item does not conform to the shipping table in the Shopping Cart. Additional shipping must be calculated. When you place your order we always call with a shipping quote before billing your card. For a quote in advance, just call 800/959-7245.