Electrical

Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Electrical / Outboard Battery

Author Outboard Battery
chris hodges
knoxville tn

Boat Name: Knot Workin

Model/Year: 25' 1982

Hull No.

Hailing Port: ten mile tn
03/22/2009 7:26 AM Pacific Time

I recently inherited a 1982 catalina 25 with a yamaha outboard engine and am learning my way around. I am confused as to the battery connection for the electric starter. Do I need to place the battery in the cockpit when needed or is there a logical storage area from which it can be wired?
Kip C
Cincinnati, Ohio

Boat Name: Knot Work / Quietude

Model/Year: '86 Cat 22 / '90 Cat 25

Hull No. 13358 / 6021

Hailing Port: Brookville Lake, Indiana
03/22/2009 12:28 PM Pacific Time

Chris,
Not sure about your '82, but my batteries are below the companionway steps. Check the hatches under the interior cushions. Someone else here, may know for sure. You should also check out the International Catalina 25/250 capri 25 association and ask questions there.

http://www.catalina-capri-25s.org/forum/

Kip
chris
knoxville tn

Boat Name: knot workin

Model/Year: catalina 25 1982

Hull No.

Hailing Port:
03/22/2009 3:16 PM Pacific Time

Thanks Kip. The battery for the lighting is stored under the cushion on the starboard side of the cabin. However, I am not sure there is room for a second battery or how I would get wiring from the outboard to this location. Chris
Kip C
Cincinnati, Ohio

Boat Name: Knot Work / Quietude

Model/Year: '86 Cat 22 / '90 Cat 25

Hull No. 13358 / 6021

Hailing Port: Brookville Lake, Indiana
03/22/2009 5:55 PM Pacific Time

Your saying the engine has electric start, right? Are there wires coming off the engine? If not, check the back of the berth, under the cockpit, for wires that lead up. Or look in any vents on the back of the boat, the wire may be tucked in one.

Electrical
Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Electrical / Outboard Battery