Trailers / Trailering

Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Trailers / Trailering / catwalk above trailer tongue

Author catwalk above trailer tongue
nick milliken
portsmouth,N.H.

Boat Name: Mast Confusion

Model/Year: 1988

Hull No. ctyh4507j788

Hailing Port: portsmouth, N.H.
04/26/2009 3:07 PM Pacific Time

I would like to install a cat walk above my trailor to keep me dry while launching. Does anyone know of this being done. My wing keel sits pretty high on the trailer so any catwalk would have to be at least a few feet above the tongue.
Don Bollmeier
Marissa, IL

Boat Name: "Sail's Call"

Model/Year: 1982 C25

Hull No. 2195

Hailing Port: Boulder Yacht Club
04/27/2009 6:25 AM Pacific Time

Buy an aluminum ladder from an auction. Or find a junk aluminum ladder. Just a section of 4' - 5' will do. Saw it to length... Cross U bolt the rungs to the trailer and add a board lined with pieces of anti-skid from a hardware store or buy a piece of scrap aluminum expanded metal from a fabrication shop or junk yard. I purchased my ladder section for $2.00. The rungs are strong enough to support the rails when you bolt it to the trailer frame.
Ken G. Brown

Boat Name:

Model/Year: '88 Swing Keel

Hull No. #14764

Hailing Port: Leduc, Alberta, Canada
04/28/2009 10:59 AM Pacific Time

I made combination ladder and outboard transport mount at the bow and when launching still would like something to walk on for my hitch tongue. The aluminum ladder might work well for that. I highly recommend the ladder for getting up on the boat, it's the best addition to the boat I have done so far I think. I have no need for carrying a step ladder along now. I still want to make my ladder steps a bit wider for more foot support but they work well now as long as you don't try it barefoot! I also want to make the side area of the top step above the outboard a little bigger with anti-skid so it is a bit safer for turning around and coming back down.
http://gallery.me.com/kbrown#100008
Ken

Trailers / Trailering
Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Trailers / Trailering / catwalk above trailer tongue