Hull / Keel / Rudder / Tiller

Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Hull / Keel / Rudder / Tiller / Tiller hardware

Author Tiller hardware
Monica A Rodriguez
Portland, Oregon

Boat Name: Mar y Sol

Model/Year: 1977

Hull No.

Hailing Port: Portland
08/19/2009 1:16 PM Pacific Time

Hey all,
My boat is slowly coming along. My next project is to get a tiller.
Not sure how it attaches to the boat and what parts to get.
I see some straps on the cat store but would love to see a photo of how it goes on the boat.

Thanks!
Lynn Buchanan
Nevada City, CA

Boat Name: SAILYNN

Model/Year: SWING 1984

Hull No. 11994

Hailing Port: SCOTTS FLAT LAKE, CA
08/20/2009 1:21 PM Pacific Time

The straps are connected to the tiller handle via a bolt/nut and then the aft end of the two straps are attached to the head of the rudder with a bolt/wing nut. IMHO you should SERIOUSLY if not already have, consider joining the C22 National Sailing Association so you would have access to their website www.catalina22.org for members which has over 800 Catalina 22 owners, pictures, diagrams and tech information you are seeking help with, to re-build your boat.
Lynn Buchanan
Nevada City, CA

Boat Name: SAILYNN

Model/Year: SWING 1984

Hull No. 11994

Hailing Port: SCOTTS FLAT LAKE, CA
08/21/2009 11:19 AM Pacific Time

I am wanting to sell my pop top enclosure and posted it on Craigs List in Sacramento. A gentleman from there called me and said he had a C22 he would be parting out. He said he pretty much had everything but the mast. He said he had a tiller and rudder, so if you would like his phone number, contact me off line at isailynn at yahoo dot com for his phone number.

Hull / Keel / Rudder / Tiller
Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Hull / Keel / Rudder / Tiller / Tiller hardware