Miscellaneous

Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Miscellaneous / Stern rail <1986

Author Stern rail <1986
Charles Estrella
Nyack, New York

Boat Name:

Model/Year:

Hull No.

Hailing Port: Stamford, CT
10/31/2009 7:27 PM Pacific Time

I'm looking to see if I can purchase a stern rail for a 1977 C22. It's something I definitely want however a boat I'm considering (1977) doesn't have one. This site only sells 1986 and up.

Any ideas???

Thanks.
Willard E. (Will) Lee
Atlanta, GA

Boat Name: Southern Gale

Model/Year: C-22/1977

Hull No. 7657

Hailing Port: Lake Lanier Georgia
11/01/2009 5:05 PM Pacific Time

I would check with your local C-22 Fleet. Most of the racers remove the stern rail and I would imagine one of the racers probably has one in their garage or basement.
Lynn Buchanan
Nevada City, CA

Boat Name: SAILYNN

Model/Year: SWING 1984

Hull No. 11994

Hailing Port: SCOTTS FLAT LAKE, CA
11/01/2009 5:13 PM Pacific Time

If the boat is a good deal don't let the missing stern pulpit stop you. Lots of pre 86 owners who are racers often get rid of theirs. You should be able to pick up a used one eventually. Craigs List for your area is a good place to put a "want ad" that most sailors check to sell or find parts. Also consider the stern pulpits from a Capri 22 as I believe they will fit a pre 86 C22. Once you buy the boat, join the C22 National Sailing Assn. for $27.50, check it out at www. catalina22.org and you wil have a whole new source for parts and lots of sailors willing to help you out. The trick with the old style pulpit is that it is awkward to ship because its a hugh one piece vs. the Capri 22 and post 86 styles which are two pieces. Check with Grayhound Freight Services for a shipping quote, as they are much cheaper for shipping odd/oversized items. Good luck with your purchase!

Miscellaneous
Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Miscellaneous / Stern rail <1986