Cabin

Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Cabin / Cleaning popup tent windows

Author Cleaning popup tent windows
Tim Seifert

Boat Name: Mary's Joy

Model/Year:

Hull No. 8281

Hailing Port: Holyrood, Newfoundland
05/14/2004 5:52 PM Pacific Time

The plastic windows in my popup top tent are covered in fine white dots (captain says its mold) and are rather hazy. Do you have suggestions for cleaning and brightening the windows? Thanks.
Dick King
Melbourne, FL

Boat Name: Twilight Zone

Model/Year: Sport/2005

Hull No. 15546

Hailing Port: Melbourne, FL
05/14/2004 7:54 PM Pacific Time

I suggest you try plastic window cleaner. I had a very hazy rear window on my convertible. I went to the parts department of my dealership and bought a small bottle. It made an amazing difference. The yellowed hazy window looked like a new one after about an hour of polishing.
R. C. Luiken
Milford, DE

Boat Name: Ricochet

Model/Year: C-22 Swing Keel/1986

Hull No. 13560

Hailing Port: Milford, DE/St. Michaels, MD
05/16/2004 2:57 PM Pacific Time

I have found that 3M Clear Plastic Restorer and Plastic Cleaner & Polish work really well. Buy it at WalMart

You might also wash with a very mild bleach and warm woater solution if you truly have mold.
Tim Seifert

Model/Year:

Hull No. 8281

05/30/2004 7:03 AM Pacific Time

Just to update - I bought some plastic window cleaner and polish (can't recall the brand name off-hand). The stuff removed the haze and brightened the windows and visibility is much better. However, it did not remove the tiny white spots scattered through out. Could they be the results of UV breakdown?
Jean Cummins
Gatineau, Quebec, Canada

Boat Name: Solace

Model/Year: Swing Keel - 1979

Hull No. 8263

Hailing Port: Nepean Sailing Club
05/31/2004 6:14 AM Pacific Time

I never heard of a pop-up tent and am very interested about it.

Where can I get some details and prices?
Tim Seifert

Model/Year:

Hull No. 8281

05/31/2004 7:21 AM Pacific Time

The top of the cabin on the C22 pops up - it can be raised. The tent fits over the raised top, providing additional headroom - I can stand up when mine is raised. The tent may be purchased from Catalina Direct, or you might find a used one somewhere.
Paul Z
Largo, Florida

Boat Name: BOATLESS IN LARGO

Model/Year:

Hull No.

Hailing Port:
05/30/2005 7:49 AM Pacific Time

I have a nearly new - rarely used enclosure with see-thru panels on the sides on my 1982 model C22 and will part with it for $150 plus shipping. Contact Paul at [email protected] or call 727-559-8672.

Cabin
Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Cabin / Cleaning popup tent windows