Miscellaneous

Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Miscellaneous / Need bulkhead hole covers for quarter berth

Author Need bulkhead hole covers for quarter berth
Shayne
Austin, Texas

Boat Name: Conchita

Model/Year: 1982

Hull No.

Hailing Port: Austin
10/05/2005 12:37 PM Pacific Time

i am missing the rear cover for the upper bulkhead in the quarter berth. this is mounted horizontally on the starboard side about where your feet would go. i cannot find any anywhere. any ideas?
Marie Musolino
Nags Head, NC

Boat Name: Reality Check

Model/Year: Catalina 22 / 1977/Swing Keel

Hull No. 6869

Hailing Port: Nags Head NC
10/06/2005 4:02 AM Pacific Time

Is this the cover that can be seen from the starboard lazarrette in the cockpit? I have bulkhead hole covers from one from a 79. What are the measurements for an 82?
Shayne
Austin, Texas

Hull No.

10/06/2005 6:29 AM Pacific Time

i will take a measurement this weekend. you cannot see the hole from the cockpit but it is below and slightly forward of the shallow starbord storage compartment that is accessable thru the flip up seat on the starboard, rear of the cockpit. It is roughly 12" x 5" and tapers down an inch or so on the end towards the rear.
Marie Musolino
Nags Head, NC

Hull No. 6869

10/06/2005 8:03 AM Pacific Time

Just wanted to make sure we were talking about the same thing.
Lynn Buchanan
Nevada City, CA

Boat Name: SAILYNN

Model/Year: SWING 1984

Hull No. 11994

Hailing Port: SCOTTS FLAT LAKE, CA
10/08/2005 10:59 AM Pacific Time

I use that area for fender storage, dock lines and lunch anchor by placing a plastic container that fits the area directly into it. I don't use the lid on the container, but you could if you wanted. I'm on a trip now so can't check the exact size but if you email me offline at [email protected] I'll get you the information.
Shayne
Austin, Texas

Hull No.

10/10/2005 6:09 AM Pacific Time

i measured the cover i needed, or at least best i could tell by the hole and the depression for the cover. it seems to be roughly 14.5 to 15 inches long, 6" wide at one end and 5" wide at the other.
Marie Musolino
Nags Head, NC

Hull No. 6869

10/10/2005 7:28 AM Pacific Time

The one in th 79 is much larger - without measuring, I'd say 14 x10 but definetly more than 6 inches wide.
Bob Rayner
Sidney,B.C.

Boat Name: Pooh

Model/Year: Catalina 22 ( swing keel)

Hull No. 5370

Hailing Port: Sidney, BC, Canada
10/10/2005 12:56 PM Pacific Time

I don't seem to have one of these on my 76 swing keel. Does any one have a picture they can email me? My email is [email protected] In the bottom of my starboard cockpit locker is a small cover that is screwed down. where does it go and how deep is it? My boat is one of the ones that was foamed . My locker at the aft of the v berth is also filled with foam. Has any one removed this to install a depthfinder?
thanks
Bob Rayner
Uwe Behrendt
Rutland Vermont

Boat Name: Joyful

Model/Year: 1977 C22

Hull No. 7200

Hailing Port: Plunder Bay Orwell VT
10/11/2005 2:49 AM Pacific Time

Yes Bob There is foam under that cover and it is part of the outer hull billage. You can remove the foam with a largehacksaw blade and a shop vac This can also be done in the forward berth just aft of the dry locker . The process makes a mess. but well worth the time. In addition i rammed some small pcv pipe thru the foam into each compartment to facilitate drainage. When you remove the foam you will most likely find it soaked in water. clean it out the best you can let it dry for a few days and then pour a quart of full strenth bleach into it sloch it with the trailer and then dry it up again It will kill all the fungus that causes that mildew smell.

Uwe
Shayne
Austin, Texas

Hull No.

10/11/2005 6:08 AM Pacific Time

next time i go out i will take a digital picture of the hole and mail it out. i could probably trim a larger one to size or maybe i'll just trace the hole, buy some teak and cut it out. my kid sleeps in there and he thinks spiders live in there. not a far fetched idea considering lake travis stowaway wildlife.
Marie Musolino
Nags Head, NC

Hull No. 6869

10/11/2005 6:51 AM Pacific Time

Shayne, you might want to deal with Lynn first - only because she is closer to you and shipping would be less for you. but let me know if you want mine.
Lynn Buchanan
Nevada City, CA

Boat Name: SAILYNN

Model/Year: SWING 1984

Hull No. 11994

Hailing Port: SCOTTS FLAT LAKE, CA
10/15/2005 6:10 PM Pacific Time

Shayne, I accidently erased your e-mail and need your address again. I can trace the hole cover onto paper and send it to you via mail. You can use pleixglass or wood to make a replacement if you are going to use that area for your childs sleeping.
Shayne
Austin, Texas

Hull No.

10/17/2005 7:00 AM Pacific Time

I think that is a great idea. I can use the trace and make my own pretty quickly and it's cheaper to mail
Shayne Bennett
1303 Romeria
Austin, Texas 78757

Miscellaneous
Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Miscellaneous / Need bulkhead hole covers for quarter berth