Cruising Areas

Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Cruising Areas / Crusing Pensacola Beach / Santa Rosa Sound

Author Crusing Pensacola Beach / Santa Rosa Sound
richiecamp
Jackson, MS

Boat Name: Brahma Fear

Model/Year: C25/1981

Hull No. 2250

Hailing Port: Jackson MS
06/14/2006 1:27 PM Pacific Time

I have a C-25 which I would like to take offshore, someday. I visited Pensacola Beach a few weeks ago and the place looks great for sailing. I also noticed alot of sailboats around. Does anyone have any info on a good boat ramp, marinas and anchorages post Ivan and Katrina?
Mike McGee
Navarre, FL

Boat Name: Carolina Dreamin'

Model/Year: Cat 22 / 1986

Hull No. 13218

Hailing Port: Charleston, SC
05/30/2009 1:14 PM Pacific Time

Richie,

This post is kind of old...ok it's old...but still valuable information.

I have a Cat 22 and put it in at the public ramp in Navarre Beach and sailed her to berth in Bayou Cinco (Pensacola) which was about a 24 NM trip.

There is of course the marina at the Pensacola Beach bridge (which I believe is the Santa Rosa Marina) but their wet slips were full and they had a waiting list.

The next place to check is on Bayou Cinco in Pensacola. There are several nice marinas, that are protected during tropical weather and most have floating docks. Costs are anywhere from $9-11/foot depending which marina you gou to.

Hope this helps...I know there are several ship yards near the marina I'm in that have launch ramps deep enough to accomodate your vessel but don't really know where they are or the name.

Cruising Areas
Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Cruising Areas / Crusing Pensacola Beach / Santa Rosa Sound