Electrical

Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Electrical / Loose Mast Step Plate

Author Loose Mast Step Plate
Scott
Portland, OR

Boat Name: Promiseland

Model/Year: C22 Swing Keel/1985

Hull No. 12982

Hailing Port: Tomahawk Bay, Portland OR
01/03/2007 6:31 PM Pacific Time

I removed the mast on my 1986 C22 to re-wire it and inspect it for the first time (I bought it used last year) and discovered the mast step plate will wiggle a bit when I jiggle it. I'm assuming this is a bad thing and feel I should repair it so it doesn't wiggle. However after thinking about it I wondered if perhaps it is designed to have a bit of play. Should I fix it so it doesn't move at all, or is this normal?

Dick Reynolds
Lebanon, Oregon

Boat Name: Catnip

Model/Year: Swing Keel / 1974

Hull No. 4570

Hailing Port: Newport, Oregon
01/04/2007 8:20 PM Pacific Time

No Scott it is not normal. Come to Elmers restaurant Sat. morning at 9:00 a.m. and meet the fleet 20 group who will set you straight. This is the Elmers close to the Portland West Marine store. This is a great bunch of guys who will want to help.
Scott
Portland, OR

Boat Name: Promiseland

Model/Year: C22 Swing Keel/1985

Hull No. 12982

Hailing Port: Tomahawk Bay, Portland OR
01/08/2007 7:36 PM Pacific Time

Thanks for the invite, sorry I didn't make it to Elmers, but I did stop by the Fleet 20 booth at the boat show on Sunday. I hope to meet everyone soon!

Electrical
Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Electrical / Loose Mast Step Plate