Cabin

Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Cabin / Cabin Table Replacement and Specs

Author Cabin Table Replacement and Specs
Kelly Lough
Arlington

Boat Name:

Model/Year: 1982 C22 Swing Keel

Hull No.

Hailing Port:
02/17/2009 7:37 AM Pacific Time

Our C-22 is missing the table and we are planning on making the replacement ourselves. I came accross a specs on someones fleet website (do not recall which fleet). But I have been unable to find anything anywhere else. I would just like to confirm we have the right info before we start cutting wood! If anyone has the dims for the table and wouldn't mind sending them to me that would be great. Or I can email what I have for verification!

email is casper1455 at yahoo dot com

Any help would be wonderful!

Thanks,
Kelly

Bob Conway
Huber Heights, Ohio

Boat Name: Spindrift

Model/Year: C22/1979

Hull No. #8717

Hailing Port: Buck Creek, Ohio
02/17/2009 8:25 AM Pacific Time

Kelly,

I would suggest that your best template is the area that the table fits into to complete the bed on your boat. Make a template out of cardboard that would fit between the seats and at the same time would fit flush agains the hull. That is the shape for your table. Then the leg is simply the length it would take to stand the table level when used as a table.

Bob
Peter
South Daytona, Florida

Boat Name: (Working On A Name)

Model/Year: C-22, 1974

Hull No. 2679

Hailing Port: South Daytona, Florida
02/17/2009 10:05 AM Pacific Time

Kelly,

I've sent you a picture of a CAD drawing of the table with dimensions from my boat. But, as Bob mentioned, you'll need to compare this to the dimensions you have on your boat. I have not included the brackets as you'll need to measure yours for placement. So this is just a guideline.
Kelly Lough
Arlington

Boat Name:

Hull No.

Hailing Port:
02/23/2009 1:59 PM Pacific Time

Thank you both for your imput! also for the email with the print. The cardboard is a great idea..we will most definately do that first!

thanks again..

Kelly
Robert Donehoo
Duluth Ga

Boat Name: Shady Deal

Model/Year: Catalina 22 1979

Hull No. 8940

Hailing Port: Lake Lanier Ga
02/23/2009 2:26 PM Pacific Time

Hi Kelly. You may want to look through your old Mainbrace magazines. Paul Galant made a new table to match the old table but cut about 6" off the wall side.
The brackets are mounted to the main part of the top. The cut is the same angle as the wall side of the table (not a 90 degree square cut). The 6" piece has a frame on 3 sides so it will act as a shelf below the table or as support for a bed when flipped over. I have done this and found it is much easier to get in and out.
It is easier to get to things under the table when down. If you make the frame out of 1x3 it makes a deep very useful shelf. You can use your cardboard cutout to picture the design.
Kelly Lough
Arlington

Boat Name:

Hull No.

Hailing Port:
02/23/2009 3:10 PM Pacific Time

we have only been members for a few months...how old???
Kelly Lough
Arlington

Boat Name:

Hull No.

Hailing Port:
02/23/2009 3:20 PM Pacific Time

Oh do you have pics of yours? you can send to my email

[email protected]
Robert Donehoo
Duluth Ga

Boat Name: Shady Deal

Model/Year: Catalina 22 1979

Hull No. 8940

Hailing Port: Lake Lanier Ga
02/26/2009 7:15 AM Pacific Time

Hope the pictures are clear enough. After you install the table hooks and the table is in place, attach a door sliding bolt latch between the hooks on the bottom
of the table and drill a hole in the WALL ---DON"T GO THROUGH THE HULL--which the bolt can slide into. this will keep the table in place while in use or sailing.

Cabin
Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Cabin / Cabin Table Replacement and Specs