Electronics

Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Electronics / Radio Speaker Installation

Author Radio Speaker Installation
Shawnda Conser
Ocean City, NJ

Boat Name: Good Deal

Model/Year: 1987 Swing Keel

Hull No. 3774

Hailing Port: Ocean City, NJ
09/21/2005 6:49 AM Pacific Time

Just installed marine cd/radio player on 1987 C-22 w/ speakers in the cabin. I would like to add speakers in the cockpit too. Where is the best place to install them? Have considered the back wall of the cabin on the outside where, eventually the electronics will go, but putting the speaker low; on both sides of the boat behind the seats, but people will sit and block them; on the lower parts of the seats in the cockpit (not sure if they will sound ok facing eachother so close together...what do you all do? Thank you for your help! Shawnda
Bob Rayner
Sidney,B.C.

Boat Name: Pooh

Model/Year: Catalina 22 ( swing keel)

Hull No. 5370

Hailing Port: Sidney, BC, Canada
09/22/2005 12:47 PM Pacific Time

I'm planning to make a bottom companionway hatchboard with speakers mounted in it and plug in jacks just inside the cabin.
Bob Rayner, Sidney B.C.
Ryan Graham
Douglasville, Ga.

Boat Name: Luana Cordelia

Model/Year: C22 1978

Hull No. 8587

Hailing Port: Douglasville, Ga (on the hard)
02/23/2010 2:48 PM Pacific Time

I have mine mounted high on the forward bulk head in the cockpit. Honistly I don't really care for that position cause when relaxing your head is on them. I want to mount 2 small speakers in the cabin at the forward birth wall, and 2 rail mount style mounted aft in the cockpit. This will give a nice all around sound.

Electronics
Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Electronics / Radio Speaker Installation