Miscellaneous

Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Miscellaneous / The new Catalina 22 Sport

Author The new Catalina 22 Sport
Bayard Gross
Greenwich, CT

Boat Name: Baby Blue

Model/Year: 1981

Hull No. 9911

Hailing Port: Greenwich, CT
02/10/2004 8:40 PM Pacific Time

I just saw an ad for the new Catalina 22 Sport model in Mainsheet magazine, February 2004 issue.

I was wondering if anyone is familiar with this new C-22 model.

From the ad I gather that Catalina is introducing this as a light weight version that will be more competitive against the early light weight boats as opposed to the current heavier boats that are more cruising oriented.

I am most interested in discovering if there is an improved method for hanging the keel that eliminates some of the current problems, such as the bolts breaking off in the weldments.
Frank Nin
Grass Valley, CA

Boat Name: Hola!

Model/Year: C-22, Wing, 2000

Hull No. 15464

Hailing Port: Grass Valley, CA
04/27/2004 2:15 PM Pacific Time

I ran into Frank Butler at the Pacific Sail Expo and he told me just what you said. This boat is going to be competitive. Performance will be similar to the Capri 22. Those of you who have an unfair advantage of owning one of the lighter “low numbered” boats will have a challenge when up against the new Catalina 22 sport. I’ll withhold any other comments until I get to see the boat up close and personal.
Bill Comber
Rossford, Ohio

Boat Name: Beach Comber

Model/Year: C-22 Sport (2018)

Hull No. 15782

Hailing Port: North Cape Yacht Club LaSalle, MI
03/05/2018 4:55 PM Pacific Time

My new C-22 Sport will be commissioned this spring, as soon as we thaw out.
Her hull number is 15782 and her home will be the Western Basin of Lake Erie.
Am really looking forward to racing again, as I raced my C-27 for 23 years and have missed it for two years.

Miscellaneous
Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Miscellaneous / The new Catalina 22 Sport