Maintenance

Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Maintenance / How to clean the Duck Poop?

Author How to clean the Duck Poop?
David Whitey
Humble TX

Boat Name: Over Keel

Model/Year: 1985 Catalina 22

Hull No. 13059

Hailing Port: Lake Conroe
12/07/2007 8:51 AM Pacific Time

Hi

My Catalina is slipped at a local marina, and has become a happy home for the local fowl. The residuals from this will no powerwash or scrub off. Any suggestionsfor restoring the beautiful finish it once had?

Thanks
Dave

William Bell
Pt. Orange, FL

Boat Name: Phoenix

Model/Year: 1987 Catalina 22

Hull No. #13784

Hailing Port: Pt. Orange,FL
12/10/2007 6:56 AM Pacific Time

Try some bleach.

Ducks are quite good if you bake them in the oven. But I guess that isn't pc, is it.

Go to the NSA site and down load the "gull sweep" information. This is a device that 'sweeps' gulls off the foredeck. You need to find a way so that they don't use your boat for a roost.

Good luck ....
R. C. Luiken
Milford, DE

Boat Name: Ricochet

Model/Year: C-22 Swing Keel/1986

Hull No. 13560

Hailing Port: Milford, DE/St. Michaels, MD
12/11/2007 5:58 AM Pacific Time

I have been successful using a product named Jomax. I get it a Wally World (Wal-Mart) or Lowes. It works great on poop and the stains left by leaves. Mix it up, spray it on a wet surface, let sit for 5 minutes, spray it off. Any residual stains can be re-treated and attacked with a boat brush. If the boat stays in the sun, Jomax seems to have a cumulative effect with UV rays and it seems to get cleaner for several days afterward.

Maintenance
Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Maintenance / How to clean the Duck Poop?