Mast extrusion only for the second and third generation Catalina 22 and the Catalina 22 Sport. Its 24' 9" length corresponds to the slightly higher deck introduced on boats built in late 1985 (hull #13143) and later. It does not include any hardware. The sail track entrance is machined, and spreader bracket and upper shroud tang
bolt holes are included. It is machined for exit blocks at the base of the mast for running internal halyards, if desired.
This one of a very limited quantity of these spars available. When the current supply is exhausted, replacement spars of the design being used on new Catalina 22's will be available but at a substantially higher price.
1) The first generation Catalina 22 was equipped with a mast that was a full 25' length. With the introduction of the second generation boat, Catalina raised the cabin top 3" to provide more interior headroom. To maintain the same sailing characteristics, they shortened the mast by trimming 3" from the bottom. You may be able to use this second generation extrusion that is 24' 9" by shimming the mast step by 3".
2) This is an oversize item which does not conform to our standard shipping policies. Call 800/959-SAIL for a shipping estimate.
3) An additional packaging charge also applies to this item. A quantity of twenty-six feet (26) of part #CRATE42 must be added to the order. See the "Required Packaging Charge" displayed below.
4) This is the last of the available inventory of these extrusions. They are not pristine new inventory extruded last week. They are from the last batch of spars extruded years ago and therefore have some cosmetic imperfections due to years of storage. The machining was accomplished without the benefit of the original jigs and fixtures. See the photos displayed under "More images" below for the worst examples of these imperfections on this mast.
5) Given the size and nature of these products, all sales are final. No returns will be entertained.