Replacement smoked acrylic lens only for your existing main cabin Bomar extruded aluminum framed hatch. This lens measures 10-1/2" x 10-1/2". Bomar changed the hatch sometime in the late 1980s or early 1990s. Bomar has not recorded the change or when the change was made, but we have learned that the current lens, dogs, gasket, and riser will not work with the legacy Bomar hatches. Check your requirements before ordering.
• Catalina 27
• Catalina 28
• Catalina 30
• Catalina 320
• Catalina 34
There may be other instances where this hatch is used. It is also possible that not every boat described above used this hatch. Please use the dimensions above and the photos below to verify which hatch is actually installed on your boat.
The small opening hatch was provided as an option in the main cabin for additional cross ventilation. It tucks in just aft of the mast and under the boom vang. Extruded aluminum frame, clear anodized with a single dog and latch to prevent opening from the outside of the boat.
• Outside of deck flange: 12-3/8" x 12-3/8" (about 314mm x 314mm)
• Outside of lid: 13-3/16" x 13-3/16" (about 335mm x 335mm)
• Hatch Opening: 9-5/8" x 9-5/8" (about 244mm x 244mm)
• Cut out in the deck: 10-3/4" x 10-3/4" (about 273mm x 273mm)
• Height off of deck: 15/16" (about 24mm)
• Overall: 10-1/2" x 10-1/2"
• Thickness: 1/4"
• Edge to center of dog hole: 1-1/16"Bomar N1000-10A